Barbara Miller M.A. B.A.(hons)
Dip.Couns.M.B.A.C.P. T.A. Accredited ongoing training.
Further & Adult Ed.Teacher’s Certificate.
Post Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy.
I am a qualified counsellor and a member of the B.A.C.P (The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and a member of The British Association for Children & Young People and member of Private Practitioner B.A.C.P and I abide by their codes of ethics.
I work in Rochdale, Greater Manchester in Private Practice and independently for the N.H.S. I have worked for the N.H.S in Bury, Lancashire with the Bury Primary Care Trust/The Macmillan Children’s Bereavement Service and worked as part of the IAPT Service. I have also worked for HYPePrimary Care Trust where I counselled and educated young people and trained professionals in understanding counselling and psychotherapy. I work as a visiting lecturer at Salford University and train professionals in Trauma Crisis Management for R.M.B.C. (Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council).
My previous work experience includes employment at :
- I.T.V., C.I.C. (Counselling in Employment), Empathy Ltd and the Retail Trust;
- Private Practice in Hale, Cheshire;
- Coaching CEO’s in the Third Sector for ‘thewayaheadgroup’ (TWAG);
- I have worked as a counsellor for the Probation Service and as a pastoral tutor in Further Education;
- TAMHS in Rochdale; working with pupils and young people with behavioural disturbances, Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council;
- Children’s Society: in Rochdale Schools;
- Alcohol and Drug service: Bolton; working with people with alcohol dependency;
- Primary Health Trust in Rochdale schools working with adolescents with mental health issues;
- I have lectured at the Manchester Children’s Hospitals on Counselling Children in hospital;
- Worked at the Young Women’s Housing Refuge in Rochdale: with young homeless young women;
- I have counselled, coached and educated young people and trained professionals in understanding counselling and psychotherapy and worked as a supervisor in my capacity as a trainer;
- I was a designated Macmillan Specialist for the Children’s Service.
I currently work in private practice in Rochdale and for the N.H.S. North West Ambulance Service.